As a Senior Designer at Cyan, you’ll own and lead projects, workstreams, and occasionally even accounts.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining high quality in your own work and, with the guidance of our Art Director, you’ll provide direction in both the strategy and craft of design in the service of meeting client needs.
You’ll represent your work both internally and in client meetings, articulating your design decisions and the strategy behind your thinking.
You Will Be:
- Working with our Art Director to run workstreams and, when necessary, owning those workstreams independently or with minimal oversight.
- Helping other designers interpret direction and feedback in order to execute adventurous, smart, strategically sound work on time and on budget.
- Continuing to serve up consistently awesome and creative concepts of your own.
- Interacting with the client to represent your work and the thinking behind it.
- Working closely with other creatives and with creative directors, account managers, producers to ensure an integrated approach to client needs and feedback.
- Learning to manage and resolve creative conflict internally and with the client.
- Managing your own time and workload and helping to do the same for other designers on your accounts and/or workstreams.
- Maintaining high standards in process and presentation, independently, within your account team, and across the department.
- Staying on top of new techniques and trends in multi-channel, multi-medium marketing efforts.
- Contributing to pitches and new business as needed.
- Proven track record of compelling design and conceptual thinking across multiple channels for multiple clients.
- A strong grasp of design theory and best practices.
- Proven ability to run a project independently or with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication skills; able to clearly articulate your vision to clients and provide insightful, efficient feedback to your team, both in person and in writing.
- An adaptable, proactive approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable directing the creation of visual assets with external resources (e.g., photographers, imagers, illustrators, animators, developers)
- Phenomenal work ethic.
- 3+ years of professional design experience; creative agency experience is preferred but not required